- Полный рабочий день
Senior legal counsel
02 августа 2019, 16:19
We are looking for an individual to serve as the key legal and compliance business partner for the Russia/CIS operations of international manufacturing company. The Russia/CIS business presently consists of three legal entities (Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan) and a representative office (Belarus).
Specific deliverables/accountabilities for the Senior Legal Counsel role:
- As a member of senior management team, display the leadership skills and executive presence of a professional;
- Commercially oriented legal person who will support the business in its turnaround efforts and act as a true business partner;
- Have an investigative focus and the confidence to navigate complex situations, address difficult matters, communicate clearly and pursue difficult issues with resourcefulness, optimism and clarity;
- Have a strong drive to help set the tone for corporate compliance and demonstrate a solid knowledge of all principal components of a global corporate governance framework, including anti-bribery, conflict of interest and corruption, competition law, data privacy and international trade compliance and support the business in complying with corporate governance policies and local regulations;
- Be responsible for development, implementation and managing a comprehensive compliance program, incorporation of global compliance initiatives and the external CIS environment’s requirements;
- Drive training and awareness around compliance and corporate governance in the organization, initiate and manage investigations of any infringements or wrongdoings;
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- As a strategic partner to the business, have experience as lead counsel in drafting and negotiating a variety of significant and complex transactions;
- Contracts: pre-contractual negotiations, drafting and negotiating contracts (including bilingual international contracts), updating standard templates, legal expertise of external contracts;
- Have experience managing outside counsel and budgets; ability to work as part of a regional team as well as part of a global enterprise;
- Work with procurement to review and assess procurement policies and procedures, the contract process, including development of standard purchase agreements for goods and services; review and assess the approach to the selection of suppliers, with specific emphasis on conducting due diligence on suppliers and advice and train stakeholders regarding same supplier rationalization; participate in tenders as a member of a tender committee;
- Advise all departments (customer desk, marketing, logistics, HR, communications, bookkeeping, administrative, etc) on legal norms, restrictions, and policies;
- Manage legal overall budget, including the approach to and use of external legal counsel, control legal spend and advise stakeholders of approach;
- Manage ongoing litigation matters (in different jurisdictions), liaising with external counsels, out of court amicable settlement of disputes;
- Support to sales teams around management of collections; in particular long-outstanding debts;
- Legal support for bankruptcies and liquidations (at customer end) – protecting our rights as (often the largest) creditor;
- Corporate law issues: keeping statutory documents in compliance with the effective legislations, drafting resolutions of the sole shareholder on different matters, legal expertise of internal rulings;
- Representation of the company during inspections by state bodies (customs, labour, emergencies, etc).
- 5-7 years of business law experience at in-house legal department of a multi-national corporation or in a prominent law firm.
- Previous experience in identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
- Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good commercial awareness and a pragmatic, solutions-oriented, point of view.
- High level of business and personal ethics.